During our Final Event weekend in York (#parentsdoscience), we invited everyone to contribute to our Heart poster that asked “How do you feel?”. Anyone could write anything at any time, and so we ended up with everything, from sadness to joy!
There was lots of enthusiasm for being part of something important, and admiration for our fellow members;
- I feel privileged to be part this unique group – it is rare to be this involved in citizen science and I love it!
- I’m so proud to have been a part of this
- I feel humbled.
- I’m glad that PSG has been part of my life for the past 2 years.
Science isn’t something distant to these women:
- I’m excited to see where the breastfeeding and healthcare experiment leads.
- I feel empowered to continue asking questions
And quizzing scientists is now part of their lives.
- I love Q&As!
But there was an overwhelming sense that something significant was drawing to a close while there was still more to do!
- I’m sad that this will end. I want to carry on learning and contributing. PSG makes this possible.
- I’m hopeful that it won’t be the end but a new beginning. Pretty please?
- I’m really sad that this is drawing to a close. I always get excited about the groups and Q&As and I want it to go on forever.
- I’m sad that it’s ending as there is opportunity to reach more parents (inc fathers) and other groups.