This week we’re…
… packing our bags for our residential weekend in the Peak District. 5 PSG staffers, 14 PSGers, 12 other halves, 19 children and 4 speakers are off to Mount Cook Adventure Centre near Matlock in Derbyshire.
- getting to know each other
- finding out what makes us happy
- improving our skills in reading scientific journals and designing experiments
- getting inspired by other citizen science projects
- stargazing, if the weather plays along!
Photo courtesy of Mount Cook
Online Q&As with experts
We’ve had three really interesting live chats over the last month. We talked
- breastfeeding and weaning with Heather Welford, an NCT breastfeeding counsellor and tutor, journalist and writer
- research at the National Childbirth Trust (NCT) with Sarah McMullen, Head of Knowledge and Rachel Plachcinski, Research Engagement Officer, and
- children’s language development and how this links to their wider cognitive development with Silke Brandt
Take a look at our blog to read more.
Coming up this month, we have a live chats with
- Suzi Gage – Suzi will talk about the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC). The most detailed study of its kind, ALSPAC has tracked over 14,000 babies, born in the early 90s, and their families over two decades. The analysis of this data has lead to the most amazing range of discoveries – over 1,500 academic papers’ worth!
- Claire Farrow – Claire researches eating behaviour and will be discussing food fussiness with us.
Are you a research scientist who would like the chance to talk online about your work with a keen, interested audience?
Or do know someone you’d like to suggest?
If so, please get in touch with Project Cordinator, Tamasin Greenough Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, would you like to join our Facebook groups for a week and take part in the discussions in your research area, help us to refine our thinking and the questions we might like to look into ourselves? If so, please get in touch with Project Coordinator, Rebecca Brueton at email@example.com
Want our newsletters direct to your inbox? Join our mailing list.